I started my career as a paediatric speech and language therapist, working in the community and for a London NHS teaching hospital. During this time I became curious about Reflexology and so went on to do a course whilst I was taking a break to bring up my children. This then led to an interest in Traditional Chinese Medicine and into a 3-year Shiatsu training, followed by specialist training in pregnancy reflexology and shiatsu. As I built up my private practice, I also worked for 5 years as a Shiatsu practitioner for a London NHS Foundation Trust (substance misuse).
Working with the subtle energies involved in Traditional Chinese Medicine and following my own profound healing experience of Cranio-sacral Therapy many years before, I was encouraged to study and qualify in Craniosacral Therapy in 2009. During craniosacral therapy sessions, I found that a lot of my patients experienced release of held emotions. I felt I wanted to explore how to become better equipped to support them in the emotional process of what their bodies were opening up. That for me led naturally to starting and completing my diploma in counselling.
I returned to the College of Cranio-Sacral Therapy as a tutor in 2011 and continue to teach and work at the college’s clinic in Primrose Hill. I also have a private practice in Tunbridge Wells and a clinic in Moorgate, City of London. I worked as a counsellor for Tunbridge Wells Mental Health Resource for 4 years.
- Masters Degree in Integrative Counselling, Minster Centre, London
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling, Minster Centre, London
- Certificate in Counselling Skills, WPF, London
- Diploma in Craniosacral Therapy, College of Craniosacral Therapy (CCST), London
- WellMother Diploma (Shiatsu)
- Diploma in Shiatsu, London College of shiatsu
- Dip ITEC, Reflex Zone Therapy (Reflexology), West London School of Therapeutic Massage
- Licentiate Diploma in Speech & Language Therapy, National Hospitals College of Speech Sciences, London